Introduction and aim
Five Star Christmas is a family-run Christmas decoration supply business. Our main products are supplying Christmas Trees, lights, garland, wreath and other associated products. We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste from our manufacturer. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office services, printing, delivery and procurement. Five Star Christmas is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
Year on year, we aim to:
• reduce waste of reusable decoration material.
• to encourage clients to pack and store products to reduce damage allowing further use.
• inform all customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
• inform all customers and suppliers about our environmental policy by January 2012 and, thereafter, all new customers and suppliers;
• to have re designed our product range allowing for ease of installation and take down to preserve the products as long as possible by September 2011;
•evaluate the costs and benefits of changing our packaging by October 2011.
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through monthly management meetings.
This environmental policy is available on request. If you wish to obtain a copy or would like to discuss our progress against our objectives, please contact us through our website enquires page.